Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Improvements to Onshape - July 31st 2020

2»

Comments

• Theo_RTheo_R Member Posts: 81 PRO
    Some great stuff in here.
    My most valuable improvement is certainly metadata/properties oriented
    EDIT PROPERTIES OF A PART FROM AN ASSEMBLY
    Thank you!
  • soto_estévezsoto_estévez Member Posts: 1 PRO
    🎉 Updating variable names 🎉 amazing! 
    So many little pain points I've had just went away. edit part properties from anywhere, center of mass, variable names (again), hide the "surfaces" folder. thanks!
    Whew... if release management wasn't confusing enough lol....
    I'm with you, John. I'm not sure what to make of this new decision I didn't know I needed to make. It's like a skydiving instructor asking what style of chute I'd like. I don't care to choose, I just want to live. Anyone care to explain the nuances?
    This comment made my day  :D
  • PrachiPrachi Member, OS Professional Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    Nice round of updates. Especially mass properties over ride for parts that are roughed in from old vendor drawings.
  • lemon1324lemon1324 Member, Developers Posts: 223 EDU
    For the FeatureScript annotations, are they supported on a) enums which are set to HORIZONTAL_ENUM and b) booleans not set to OPPOSITE_DIRECTION?  In both cases I'm not able to get a tooltip when hovering over the option text, and also not when hovering over the checkbox for the boolean.  Most of those booleans are also controlling parameter display groups, not sure if that makes a difference.

Of course, I might just be missing something. Any pointers, @ilya_baran or @MBartlett21 (despite not being an employee ;) )?
    Arul Suresh
    PhD, Mechanical Engineering, Stanford University
  • MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    @lemon1324
    I have noticed it, and Lou has marked it as a bug.

I was wanting to use it my beams feature to tell users what the difference between the manual and automatic mode of selection is.
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • tony_459tony_459 Member Posts: 206 ✭✭✭
    +1 for custom mass properties :)
  • john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    NeilCooke said:
    The time is ripe...
    ... but only if the time is right.
    But do it quick, 'cause we're so hype
  • MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    NeilCooke said:
    The time is ripe...
    ... but only if the time is right.
    But do it quick, 'cause we're so hype
    So we don't have enough time to gripe...
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the videos of this post are missing
    Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                         Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común
  • emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Roy_Mutalik Please, could you check the videos?
    Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                         Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    @emagdalenaC2i - fixed it - not sure what happened there.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
    En este enlace podéis ver las Novedades de Onshape en español
    https://youtu.be/VnbDil1a3Wk
    Un saludo,

• richard_marcusrichard_marcus Member Posts: 17 EDU

Overriding the mass properties does not appear to work for a composite part. It looks like the properties are applied in the dialog, but as soon as I click the green check mark to exit the dialog, the mass is gone.