Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Improvement Suggestion to Extrude Feature

Chance_PriceChance_Price Member Posts: 1
edited August 2020 in Product Feedback
Two things that sort of bug me and would just let me go a little faster:

1) Automatically be clicked into the depth dialog box to modify the dimension. this is just one click, but a minor improvement suggestion

2) When modifying a dimension in any capacity, but particularly the extrude feature, if I add numbers to the dialog box and push enter it throws an error because it automatically inserted a unit after the dimension. If it would just assume the same units or ignore this and continue that would be great. Here's an example.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @Chance_Price Autoadvancing to depth, we are working on this but has a few things we need to button up first.  Hang tight.   For your second comment, these entries are evaluated directly and assume units if you do not enter them in areas that require a unit.  As soon as you start building an expression, you will have to build a valid expression.  In this above case, were you just trying to add an extra 1/2" to the existing value?  In the case of multiplying by 2, assuming units would make it area so expressions require more care since we do not convert values in our dialogs.  Typing in 3 in will stay displayed 3 in even if you switch units.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.