Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Key-Navigate the BOM

thomas_miglincithomas_miglinci Member Posts: 34 ✭✭✭
I would like to fill in data into the BOM, so I open the BOM from an assembly and start to type.
Pressing enter brings you to the next line, but the previous item is still selected in the instances on the left side and highlighted in the assembly, and there seems no chance to change this without the use of the mouse.
Even after entering data in a cell and having pressed enter the cell in the next line is active, but not the referenced item :-(
Pressing the space-bar to deselect does not work, but starts the editor in the current cell.

Is there a dedicated key available to de-/select the next lines item?

Thomas

Answers

• Options
    alnisalnis Member, Developers Posts: 449 EDU
    edited September 2020
    Enter and tab should let you navigate through the properties in the BOM and edit any of them. Are you looking to highlight what part/assembly you're adding properties for in the graphics area? If so, I'm not aware of a keyboard shortcut to do so, but hovering over a row highlights what that is in the graphics area. If this is very important or you have to do a lot of data entry, it might be possible to set something up with AutoHotkey or a similar program to automate moving the mouse down. Alternatively, you can do the data entry in a spreadsheet and use copy/paste to bring it over:

Hope this helped! If it didn't, please let me know and I'll try to answer as well as I can.

Student at University of Washington | Get in touch: contact@alnis.dev | My personal site: https://alnis.dev