Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Should I use Loft or something else?

jonathan_birrieljonathan_birriel Member Posts: 3
Hello, 

Looking for some help because I've been trying to find how to do this in all the tutorials and I'm getting nowhere very fast. I'm trying to draw a shell around a square shape that has the corners fillet to the same shape but larger on the back. I'm basically trying to use revolve but it does not work on square shapes and loft is giving me an error so it doesn't even draw. Basically I would like to make a step down enclosure. Excuse my crude red drawing snipping tool was the quickest tool to snip and edit I could find. Thank you for your help.

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,379
    Quickest way to do this would be to draw a sketch on the blue part and extrude then draft the walls.

Sketch:

Extrude:

Draft outer walls:

Draft inner walls:

If the top wall dimensions are critical you would have to use trig to work out the angle. Otherwise you might have to use surfaces or some other construction technique (of which there are many).

Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    jonathan_birrieljonathan_birriel Member Posts: 3
    Thank you so much., it worked like you mention and I learned something new.