Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Make standard Isometric View the same for Part studio/assembly and drawing

Josef_SnabbJosef_Snabb Member Posts: 2
edited October 2020 in Drawings
Hello. 

I realized this when I was making exploded view for assembly. When you choose Isometric view in assembly, and then insert Isometric view on drawing it is mirrored. 
Of course an easy work around is to first create a 2D view and then make a projected view to match the Isometric view of the assembly, but why are the standard Isometric views not the same? This could be a small improvement. In other CAD softwares (like Solidworks) the isometric view are the same as standard between 3D and Drawing. . 

Best Regards
Josef Snabb
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @Josef_Snabb This is the difference for first vs third angle. Mine are the same at 3rd angle.  What is your drawing set to?
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    Adam_MichaAdam_Micha Member Posts: 17 ✭✭✭
    Loulougallo said:
    @Josef_Snabb This is the difference for first vs third angle. Mine are the same at 3rd angle.  What is your drawing set to?
    I work at the same company and we use first angle projection.