Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
Equation Editor Syntax - Arc length = radius * angle
I'm having trouble entering a formula into a sketched length dimension. The intent is to set the length of the construction line segment equal the length of the adjacent arc, from variables #R and #theta (millimeters and degrees, respectively). The correct result should be approximately 34.9mm (same as the arc length).
The formula should be the product of radius and swept angle (with the angle expressed in radians not degrees):
- #R*#theta*PI/180, (multiplying by π radians per 180 degrees to convert the angle from degrees to radians)
Here is a link to the document: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/ba77da0d35372c64be7be8bf/w/10b3901e704eabe14945dea2/e/482389f1f55cb0146b53c145