Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
Lesson Idea 6: Laser Cut Projects
Here's another lesson idea from the PTC Academic group. What lessons or projects do you find most successful in your classrooms?
Laser Cut Ipad Holder
Curriculum Idea: Design a product that fits on a desk to help organize or hold common items
Topic area: Product Design and laser cutting
Description: This project involves having the students research desk organizers, tablet/phone holders, and other desk/office accessories. They then sketch designs and decide on what they will make. Using custom features from other users makes it easy to take a design and get it ready to be laser cut.
This would be easy to have students design at home. If school is teaching hybrid/in-person the projects could be laser cut at school and assembled
Learning Objectives: After completing this project, students should be able to:
- Find custom features and Use them
- Use the design process to make new projects
- Export from Onshape
Models: Link to Model
Learn about using custom features: https://www.onshape.com/features/custom-features