Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Show all?

thomas_holfordthomas_holford Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
I've been wrestling with a lot of mates for a project, when I must have inadvertently right clicked and selected "Show all".  Apparently, I'm being shown some information on existing mates in the document.

I checked the Help file index, specifically, on how to turn off "Show all" and could not find an obvious answer.

So, what does "SHOW ALL' do, and what is the reverse command to turn off "SHOW ALL".

Also, it appears as if OnShape is showing me mate information on mates that no longer exist.  Is there any kind of detail explanation on what mates are active and what objects are mated?
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    edited August 2015
    Show all is used for showing all parts and mate connectors.

It's reverse function would be to select one (mate connector or part) and select 'hide other (mate connector / part)' then again RMB > hide (the last one).

Show all function is handy reverse function for hide other.
    //rami
  • Options
    navnav Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭✭
    Hi thomas_holford Show ALL, will show indeed all mate connectors in your assembly, in order to hide them all again right click on a Mate connector select "Hide all other connectors", will hide all except the one you selected to hide this one right click on it again and select hide.

Here two posts about Show All /Hide:
    https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/147/can-we-hide-mate-connectors
    https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/555/is-there-a-global-hide-all-mate-connectors-command

Also, it appears as if OnShape is showing me mate information on mates that no longer exist.  
    Regarding this I suggest you use the ? menu and send feedback to OS
     Is there any kind of detail explanation on what mates are active and what objects are mated?
    OS will show you in the feature list all the mates you currently have active, if they are red it means there is an error for example, in order to check each mate you can edit a mate and click on the Play icon to see the degrees of freedom (You can do this when placing the mate for the first time)

To see which parts have mates between them click on any mate feature and expand it to see the mates.

Nicolas Ariza V.
    Indaer -- Aircraft Lifecycle Solutions