Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Multi Part

mauro_corettimauro_coretti Member Posts: 3 EDU

Hi. I am a new Onshape user. I am doing Fundamentals CAD training. I couldn't find how to create a Multi_Part doc (I only have Part Studio and Assembly tabs) I am working with the education version. Thank you!

Comments

• PrachiPrachi Member, OS Professional Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    Each part studio can have many parts. I recommend going through the OS learning center to get started.
    https://learn.onshape.com/
  • john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    edited September 2020
    Create new/multiple parts in a partstudio by selecting "new" in features such as extrude, sweep, revolve, pattern, etc.

If you want a literal translation from Solidworks, think of them as bodies.
    We call them parts in Onshape because they are ready-to-go and can be independently inserted in any assembly without extra effort.
    Unlike Solidworks where you would need to export the part into another .sldprt file first.
  • mauro_corettimauro_coretti Member Posts: 3 EDU
    Thanks, I am doing several practices, even reading about Multi-Part, however I thought I had to open a specific Multi-Part tab (such as Part Studio or Assembly)
    See you soon!