Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Loft problem.

2»

Answers

• Options
    geoff_joseygeoff_josey Member Posts: 65 ✭✭
    Interesting ! Did you select the faces from the model or the menu ?
    I have now found that when I select from the menu it works perfectly without any other selections or deletions etc., but when I select from the model it fails. You can see why by looking at the the differences. ie. the good one just has the faces selected.
    What puzzle me is that I have watched many of the training videos and found no reference to this. In fact they all seem to select on the model
  • Options
    wayne_sauderwayne_sauder Member, csevp Posts: 481 PRO
    I simply select from the model by clicking on the gray area or selecting the lines I want. Are you window-selecting? If so that usually doesn't work well with lofts, and also picks up vertices that are only confusing to the loft tool.  
  • Options
    You have hit the nail on the head ! I was window selecting. Selecting as you suggest worked fine even with the aerofoil sections. |ust trying it out - I seem to have the loft showing in the isometic view but not in the menu. Normally when I delete the loft it is removed from the model as you would expect.
    https://cad.onshape.com/documents/077113744199d2407a4def6f/w/63cbc60e0505d463cccb6ad2/e/7368b9a2ee8715e9176684a5
  • Options
    Sorry the last post was dumb ! I was not looking at a loft - it was the front sketch which made it look like one.