Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Help - auto-detect and store system

S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,359 PRO
edited October 2020 in Using Onshape
Unless there's some hidden setting that I'm missing, it seems really wasteful that every single help page has a selector for "Desktop, iOS, Android". Why not have the web page auto-detect the browser/platform and server that flavor by default, and then - for example - if I really need to see the iOS version while I'm browsing on desktop, I can manually select it? Alternatively there could be some sort of cookied setting somewhere in the header or footer of the page which could be toggled. By default this could start with the same auto-detected choice, but if the user selects something different, it's stored as the new default.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001

@S1mon We did this before and we got a ton of feedback how to get to the mobile version.

Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,359 PRO

@lougallo Since I didn't see how it was implemented previously, I can't really comment on why you got that feedback. It seems like there should be a good way to make the defaults useful and easy to change if necessary. Hitting an extra button every single time I want help seems crazy.