Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Creating a drawing from multiple parts

brett_suttonbrett_sutton Member Posts: 37 ✭✭✭
edited October 4 in General
The onshape drawing basic page states:

• To create a drawing of all parts in a Part Studio, use the tab context menu (right click on the tab).

I assume that when its states 'tab', its means the main tab at the bottom of the page.

When I right clicked on the part studio tab there is no option to create a drawing.

Essentially I'm looking to place a large no of parts in a drawing that each need to be dimensioned. Inserting one part at a time is a nightmare of tedium.
Tagged:

Comments

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 3,356
    That option was removed to prevent this bad practice and the help needs updating. 

You should really use an assembly rather than making a drawing of the Part Studio but if you really need to do this, there is a filter button on the drawing view insert dialog to show Part Studios.