Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Drawing external thread for newbies

emerson_junqueiraemerson_junqueira Member Posts: 1
Hi. I'm a newbie here. I teach CAD and the pandemic make me look for a lighter CAD solution for my students and... here I am. I've been used the Autodesk Inventor / Fusion for some years, these are similar to Onshape, specially Fusion. But some doubts remains and I'll need of the assistance of yours. The first one is about external threads. I know there is a Thread Generator script which models the 3D thread, but it is not what I need. I'm also able to model a hole tapped that'll be indicated on the drawing, so far so good. What I'm looking for is the same solution that I use for holes, internal threads, to the external ones. How do I make the external thread indication on the drawing. I refer to the thin lines which indicates there is a external thread. Is there some equivalent feature, like the tapped holes, for the external threads that would be indicated on the drawing, like the internal one? Sorry my poor English (brazillian newbie). Thanks.

Comments