Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Permission Set Up

I want to be able to set up a folder or project to use as a central location for students to turn in assignments. In this folder I want to have my completed drawing so that they can view the document but I do not want to enable them permission to copy it. Is this possible? Is there a better way to approach setting up an assignment that enables me to quickly see everyone's work in one place while still having it be easy to for my students to see my completed drawing? 

Answers

• Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,897 PRO
    By having everyone drop thier work into the same folder means that the first student to turn in thier work is vulnerable to having thier work looked at and coppied. 

I think it would be best if they just share it with you instead. 
  • Options
    alexander_visakayalexander_visakay Member Posts: 17 EDU
    Thank you for your response. I have close to 100 students, how would I keep it organized if they just share individual assignments with me? I am fine with students viewing others work, and I see that I can change the copy permission of a folder. When I change the permission on my drawing in the folder it still allows for editing though since it is in a folder.