Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Backwards propagation of Professional account abilities.

I just updated to professional from standard, and I am wondering if the release management features only apply to all new documents I create after upgrading. 

It seems I am not able to release all my documents I created when I had the standard subscription, but I am able to release parts from newly created documents. 
Am I missing something here, or is this expected behaviour? 
Reaching out to the forums because it's a little late at night here and I really need to get some releases rolling tonight. (main reason I upgraded) 

Cheers, 

Comments

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,894 PRO
    You may need to change the public document to private 
  • LyndeInnovLyndeInnov Member Posts: 9 PRO
    Hey @john_mcclary

The document has never been public. I was using the pricing option below professional to start out. The project has grown and I now require formal release management for my existing documents. I am wondering if its just something that Onshape needs to flip on for me, as I cannot seem to figure it out. 
  • mfalkensteinermfalkensteiner Member, Onshape Employees, csevp Posts: 65
    The documents just need to be owned by the company and not the user. Throw them all in a folder and transfer the ownership all at once
    Principal Technical Services Engineer, EMEAI
  • jakeramsleyjakeramsley Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 657
    Hi @LyndeInnov,

Release management will work for all company owned documents, whether they were created before or after the inception of the company, as long as the company has release management capability enabled.

A couple things to notice:
     1. The documents that you created as a standard user will by default be owned by you.  When migrating from different tiers of subscriptions, if possible the access-control list won't be modified.  Because of this individual owned documents will not be transferred by default to the company.  For these documents to be managed by release management, transfer ownership to the company you are the owner of

help topic on transfer ownership: https://cad.onshape.com/help/Content/transfer-ownership.htm

2. Make sure that release management is enabled for the company.

help topic on release management: https://cad.onshape.com/help/Content/release_setup.htm

3. Consider taking our instructor lead training about release management

https://learn.onshape.com/courses/nov-8-200-400pm-est-release-management-training
    Jake Ramsley

Director of Quality Engineering & Release Manager              onshape.com
  • LyndeInnovLyndeInnov Member Posts: 9 PRO
    Ahhhhhhhh, thanks everyone! Knew I must have been missing something. 

Cheers!