Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Exploded View

GWS50GWS50 Member Posts: 379 PRO
I've just been using the Exploded View command for the first time and notice that the extension lines that are dashed in the assembly are solid in the drawing.
Am I missing a setting somewhere?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    edited October 2020
    @GWS50 I am not seeing this.  Are you showing this as a shaded drawing view?  Are you using a custom template? Is this a new document or an existing?  
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    Hi Lou 

it’s an existing doc and is a shade view. The ‘What’s new’ video shows a shaded view. It is also a custom template.
  • Options
    So I have just started a new doc and kept everything else the same i.e. custom template, shaded view etc and the dashed line does show up so I'm thinking that the solid line is because it was an existing document

• Options
    Thanks Mike, will do
  • Options
    romeograhamromeograham Member, csevp Posts: 657 PRO
    I am seeing this as well (on older existing drawings).
    I'll file a ticket too.