Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Adding multiple parts to a platen

don_gray_iidon_gray_ii Member Posts: 3
I have created a part that I want to get 3D printed.  It's a very small part.  I need 60 of them.  I would like to add them to a very thin platen so they can be gang printed.

Onshape seems to be fighting me every step of the way.  I have my part, I have my platen as a separate part.  I try to create an assembly that includes the platen and 60 of the parts.  I defined a mate connector on both the part and the platen which onshore seems to completely ignore.

I end up trying to copy the parts in the assembly but when adding them to the assembly onshape does everything but what I want it to do and would expect it to do.  I get so many copies that seem to be planar mated between the parts and the platen and onshore starts lifting some of them off the platen.

This is incredibly frustrating and I know I must be missing something obvious.  Any help is appreciated!!!

Comments