Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

So I "fat fingered" and broke something... Creating a nice bug...

emeric_baracatemeric_baracat Member Posts: 3 PRO
edited October 2020 in General
Hello,
Working on an assembly, I planned to use an "edit in context" on part A (red part in first picture) followed by a "project / conversion tool" from part B (white part in first picture) into part A (red) in order to remove material from part A to clear part B.
However the mechanism is quite cramped and I don't know what I did or what button I pressed but the conversion tool created something REALLY weird... Fearing that I did mess up something, I "controled Z" and quit the sketch... But it didn't work. And now I have "this"  blue thing on my assemblies. 
Can't click on it,
can't use it for functions,
hidding the red part doesn't hide it,
appears everywhere and even in different workspaces (!)
doesn't go away even by back tracking before the incident in the history tool (!)
doesn't go away by changing branches (!).
but my manager who has the workspace link doesn't have this bug
Also disconecting and reconecting doesn't work.
In short I did broke something... Badly...

Can someone help me ?
Thank you in advance,
Rémi
NB : all document are in the same workspace 
NB 2 : the blue thing is the outline of the base of the part I edited in context
Rémi 

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,395
    Perhaps try deleting the context from the part studio? If that doesn't work, please create a support ticket.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    sebastian_glanznersebastian_glanzner Member, Developers Posts: 400 PRO
    @emeric_baracat
    I had the same problem. Just press "Shift+F5" to reload the browser, then the lines should disappear.
  • Options
    emeric_baracatemeric_baracat Member Posts: 3 PRO
    @emeric_baracat
    I had the same problem. Just press "Shift+F5" to reload the browser, then the lines should disappear.
    it worked, what a weird graphical bug :smiley: