Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Onshape on MacBook - browser problems!

Anders_3Anders_3 Member Posts: 2
Hi!

Has anyone succeeded in using Onshape on a MacBook? I use a MacBook Pro with OSX 10.8(actually I have till now only been a Windows-geek, but time for a change). I first tested starting the application under Safari, which didn't work at all. Then under Firefox, where I managed logging in, and got up all menus, etc. But when then clicking on one of my projects, I came into this...but no tools showed up, only some signs of tools when I moved the cursor over the area on screen. Is there a way to come around that, or should I just wait for some upgrades to get rid of some minor bugs?

Best,

Anders

Comments

• Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @Anders_3 On 10.8 I believe you might be running Safari 6 which needs you to enable Dev to turn it on.  It doesn't support WebGL that well and we recommend using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox instead.  Sometimes upgrading will bump Safari to version 8 and that seems to be much more reliable.  You can also just use the ? menu when in a document and select Feedback to send in a ticket if the issue remains. 
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    Anders_3Anders_3 Member Posts: 2
    @lougallo - Thanks, will give it a shot. No skilled Macisti, so must take it some day soon. Otherwise I really enjoy using Onshape, being a former SW user; an easy swap.