Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

3Dconnexion

maciekmaciek OS Professional Posts: 16 PRO
Hi,

I see Onshape logo on 3dconnexion website, but it doesn't work on any browser. How can I make it work?

Thanks

Comments

• mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed frequent disconnects between OS and 3Dx. Usually the quickest way to fix things is to update the 3Dx driver.
  • wayne_sauderwayne_sauder Member, csevp Posts: 472 PRO
    Is your internet connection through a VPN or any kind of filtering software. That can cause issues.
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,308
    Internet connection shouldn’t matter because the 3D mouse is controlling the browser not Onshape directly. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,060 PRO
    I use a 3Dconnexion space mouse and it disconnects from time to time. I'm on Mac in Chrome and what usually fixes it for me is to press "command + space" to open search. Then find "3DxNLServer" and open it (usually I just type "3dx" which autocompletes, then "enter" to open. it's quick.). Last I hold "shift" and refresh the page. That usually works for me. It sounds like a lot of steps, but it really takes like 3-5 seconds. If that fails, I restart my machine.
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl
  • mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, when I said "disconnect", I didn't mean network connection. I was referring to OS or 3Dx changing something software related on their ends which then requires the the driver to be updated in order to keep my spacemouse working.
  • misterjtcmisterjtc Member Posts: 3
    Is your internet connection through a VPN or any kind of filtering software. That can cause issues.
    I was actually just trying to figure out why my space mouse wasn't working on Onshape and I stumbled upon this thread. I was connected through a VPN and it wouldn't work. As soon as I deactivated the VPN it started working. 

I don't understand why this matters technically, but that Onshape employee is wrong, it appears using a VPN does affect space mouse functionality...