Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Default Landing Folder

ryan_mcgoldrick47ryan_mcgoldrick47 Member Posts: 93 ✭✭✭
edited December 2020 in Product Feedback
I use a folder called Obsolete in documents I share with stakeholders
So that we can easily view things from past updates without needing to go to versions etc.

Often when they open the document a file from the obsolete folder opens automatically which is dangerously confusing, this is one reason I think a default landing page should be able to be configured by those with permission to do so.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @ryan_mcgoldrick47 Are you simply wanting an option in your settings to be the default landing page?  In the case of a folder for obsolete things (if this is related to release management) obsolete things are only based on a single version.  Maybe I am misunderstanding your use case.  Can you give me a bit more context?
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    ryan_mcgoldrick47ryan_mcgoldrick47 Member Posts: 93 ✭✭✭
    I mean, I would like to be able to set a tab as the default tab that opens when a document is opened.