Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

first tap doesn't work for corner rectangle and other tools??

Hi all,

maybe someone else came across this. My school has 1-1 ipads, so for many students that's the only device they use. One student's ipad has some kind of weird bug or setting, so that when he uses a tool like corner rectangle or 3pt arc, the first tap isn't registering or isn't appearing on the screen, and the cursor turns to a cross, like when the second point is chosen. He/his ipad seem to be unique - mine and everyone else's seems to work fine. Anyone see this before and/or know how to fix?? TIA!
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    steve_shubinsteve_shubin Member Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

Has anyone else tried using that particular iPad?   If so, are others having the same problem?

Do you have recent versions of iOS and Onshape installed on that iPad

I don’t have an iPad. I have an iPhone. But it is a touchscreen. There’s one thing that I do every once in a while when things seem to start working a little funny. What I do, is I clean the screen. I get a paper towel, fold it in half, and then I spray SOME Windex on the paper towel, and then wipe the screen off. But make sure you don’t over saturate the paper towel with Windex. Just spray it to where the surface is slightly damp. Hold the spray bottle far enough away so when you spray the paper towel, you get a lighter mist on it and not a more condensed spray.

But whatever you do, DO NOT SPRAY THE IPAD !!!!!

SPRAY THE PAPER TOWEL, and then wipe the screen of the iPad with a SLIGHTLY damp paper towel

Try doing a SOFT reset on that iPad

I want to emphasize the word SOFT.

A SOFT reset. You don’t want to erase everything on your iPad

I would also restart the iPad. In other words I would do a complete shut down and then reboot

I would also try reinstalling the Onshape app if nothing else works. I would delete it from my iPad and then go to the App Store and reinstall it.

Maybe the person is possibly using the iPad in a way that it is heating up a lot. In other words, maybe the person has it set on a blanket or something that isn’t allowing the back to cool off enough