Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Measurements: HELP

elsa_hayek261elsa_hayek261 Member Posts: 2
I literally just need to know how to out an exact measurement one something. Like I need to make a line that is one inch long, I tried a bunch of stuff on m design but I can't figure it out. I'm getting really stressed can someone just give me like a simple answer???

Comments

• Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,898 PRO
    edited November 2020
    If you select what you want to measure, example : two points, a line, a face, etc. 

Then look on whe bottom right of the screen and you will see a tape measure icon, click on that. 

https://cad.onshape.com/help/Content/measure-ps.htm?Highlight=Measure

If you are creating a line and you want it 1 inch long, then you need to dimension it. 
    When you draw the line a number appears with the line, if you start typing numbers, that will automatically create the dimension. Otherwise you can add your dimension by using the dimension tool. Keyboard short cut is D