Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Sweep tool help

yuggniiksyuggniiks Member Posts: 25 EDU
edited November 2020 in Community Support
Hi,

I'm attempting to use sweep to cut a shape through a solid.  The shape I'm trying to sweep is on this vertical face and is a rectangle:

I'm not sure why the feature is "angled" at the midway point shown circled in red here:

What is the recommended way to fix this, as if I mirror the sweep feature it looks like this:

Thanks!

Link to drawing:

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    Thanks @tim_hess427 !  I tested out your 'quick fix' with the overlapping solution and it worked!

I will attempt the other two methods, for practice.
  • Options
    @tim_hess427
    I was able to model your first two solutions.

I'm now trying to understand the last recommendation, create a sketch of path, then extrude cut from that sketch.  I'm not sure I follow this one.  Do you have a simple example?  Or perhaps a link to this?

Thanks again for your suggestions, they were helpful!

• Options
    Oh I see, I wouldn't have thought of that.  Brilliant!
    Thanks again for taking the time to educate :smile:
  • Options
    tim_hess427tim_hess427 Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    No problem! I'm always picking up new tips and methods from these forums. I'm happy to pay it forward!