Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Copying and pasting a sketch with design intent.

peter_hallpeter_hall Member Posts: 196 ✭✭✭
edited July 2016 in Community Support
When I create a new sketch on a face of a part and then paste a sketch I find it is not in the right position. I then have to create a lot of coincident points to put it into the correct position on my new face. 
Is there an easy way for me to define the original sketch to make this task easier?
This was copying a hole series pattern from one rectangular face to an identical rectangular face on the same part.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    Try the copying the sketches from here https://cad.onshape.com/documents/0a355a367a4941eca0d90a0f/w/3d4fdaaf6b77419db7fa309b, these are all set with no horizontal or vertical removed. After pasting you should only need to add a coincidence and vertical or horizontal or angle dimension to fully constrain. 

I love the way the sketch copy works taking dimension and constraints, although you have to be careful what you select. 
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977