Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Part and assembly display scaling

bill_danielsbill_daniels Member Posts: 277 ✭✭✭
edited December 2020 in General
With very large monitors becoming more common (I use a 65" 4K TV as a monitor) it has become possible to display most parts at full scale.  That's a valuable  "sanity check" if one can see a part at the same size as it will be when machined.  Unfortunately, typical mouse scroll resolution means too big or too small images - besides it's fiiddly to be putting a ruler on the screen when attempting to zoom to full scale..

Wouldn't it be nice to have an icon such as [1:1] which sets zoom so parts display at life size.  I know the PPI of my monitor and I'm pretty sure Onshape knows the pixels in part features.  It seems it would be possible to create such an icon which would only require a user to set their monitor PPI once..