Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Patterned mate connectors show in part studio but not when inserted into an assembly?

glenn_ballglenn_ball Member Posts: 3 EDU
I'm new so maybe I'm not tackling this in the right way. I'm in a part studio. I have a piece of metal extrusion with slots in it. I need to make it easier to mate T nuts in the slots so I decided to add my own mate connectors. I did this on one side of the square extrusion. I then used a circular pattern to add the mate connectors to the other 3 sides. It looks fine in the part studio. But when I insert the extrusion into an assembly only the original mate connectors show up. The patterned ones do not. What am I doing wrong? 

part with mate connectors on all 4 sides = https://cad.onshape.com/documents/68eb52ae51d245b0d919f5fb/w/9a1780e208f2c1dadd68faf2/e/26a49bb4d5dffe1da51cd4b2

example assembly with a T nut mated to one of the extrusion slots = https://cad.onshape.com/documents/51c77b9e5c7cc1e79490ec83/w/529a60ff9b2127c3d417ec7d/e/1814cc5241e87d50fb4c0336

Note this is a configurable part. The length can be varied. Not sure if that makes a difference. 

If this is not a good approach to make it easier to mate the T nuts please help me with another approach. 

thanks

Best Answer

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,381
    Answer ✓
    Huh, didn't even know you could pattern mate connectors as "parts" :o - it will be because the patterned mate connectors are not owned by the part. Set it to "feature" and use "apply per instance" to make sure they are owned by the part.

Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI

Answers

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,381
    Answer ✓
    Huh, didn't even know you could pattern mate connectors as "parts" :o - it will be because the patterned mate connectors are not owned by the part. Set it to "feature" and use "apply per instance" to make sure they are owned by the part.

Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    glenn_ballglenn_ball Member Posts: 3 EDU
    That worked perfectly. Thanks so much.