Home› General

Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

My most useless FeatureScript ever: 🎶 Panpipe 🎶

Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,066 PRO
I don't even really like pan pipes. Like, I'm fairly minimal with what I own, and wouldn't spend $5 on one, but for some reason, I got it in my head that I could make a feature to produce them in any key, so I had to give it a go. I guess the real reason I couldn't stop thinking about it is that I'm interested in music theory, 3D printing, and FeatureScript and this project is at the intersection of all 3. Maybe it's a good last-minute Christmas gift for those of you with 3D printers. I've done some preliminary prints and it sounds right, I haven't tested it for perfect pitch. I have found that it's possible to make pipes that are so long or short they don't work right. Give it a try!
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/4c7e52e0fc4211bda7312685/v/857ad883122c38ffcd8b2cdf/e/b30abc27390ae7615198c41d

Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl

Comments