Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Select Loop Shortcut

jkelleyrtpjkelleyrtp Member Posts: 2 EDU
edited December 2020 in General
Hey there,

Long time SW user. I frequently would like to delete an entire shape or loop. In solidworks, you just double click and the entire loop is selected. This is great for fast offsets, fillets, deleting chunks of sketches, etc. It doesn't work like that in OnShape. 

How do I select loops faster than

right click -> navigate to create selection -> click create selection -> open drop down -> select loop -> click select entities -> click OK

This has got to be one of the worst antipatterns for something as common as "select the entire square I just drew." I assume there's some keybinding/shortcut that I'm missing, or perhaps a feature script can fill in the gap?
Tagged:

Comments

• Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,060 PRO
    I share your grievance about the number of clicks required to use the create selection tool. I'd love to see a UI overhaul on that menu which makes it one hotkey and one click. I imagine something like the s-menu that pops up by the mouse and has icons. I don't know of a better way for now. If you're doing an offset in a sketch though, you can click and drag the face (sketch region in Solidworks speak) and it will offset the whole chain.
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl
  • brandon_furtwanglerbrandon_furtwangler Member Posts: 12
    I have dozens of loops I need to remove from a drawing, and this UI workflow is killing me.  It's been over a year from this post, has a shortcut been added yet?
  • phares_blankphares_blank Member Posts: 12
    I agree. The current method of doing this is tedious. OnShape could at least add the option in Right Click > Select > Loops