Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
[FS] Determine if feature is the final enabled feature in the part studio
Is there a way inside a feature to determine if that feature is the last one in the list?
I'm developing a system where the user performs many small "atomic" operations (there might be 10-100 of these) that are extremely cheap, but then to visualize the result of the full sequence requires one big "solve" that is relatively expensive (say 1-2 seconds). I want to immediately see the result of this solve after adding atomic operations.
In my current method, I have separate "atomic" and "solve" features. To add a modification, I have to:
1) Rollback before the solve feature
2) Add the new atomic
3) Roll forward to repeat the solve.
What I'd love is for each atomic feature to *know* that it is the last one, and if so, invoke the solve function immediately, so no rollback bar is necessary.
My guess is that this is impossible, since the FeatureScript mentality is that you can't know anything downstream. However, it also seems 100% repeatable.
An alternative (that I assume also doesn't exist?) would be if we could specify a default feature insert spot somewhere other than the end. Then when I add a feature, it automatically puts it before my solve feature.
Is any of this possible?