Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Some mate don't follow when insert an assembly in another assembly

alain_kinloughalain_kinlough Member Posts: 3
Hello all,

My problem is that i create many parts in a folder, create an assembly that seem to be fully constraint, when i move it it move in one block.
I create some other part in another folder, create another assembly fully constraint.
I insert my first assembly in the second assembly successfully for the insert but some mate of the insert assembly seem to be lost (ie: my first assembly was split in 3 parts!!)
I need to rebuild the lost mate!

Why?

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,370
    Did you use fix? Fix is not mate - it is only for keeping parts still in the current assembly only.  Group if you want to keep the parts together. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    alain_kinloughalain_kinlough Member Posts: 3
    Thanks,

I'm new with OnShape, came from SolidWorks, and after many try, found i have forgot 2 mates between my parts. Now every thing works like one parts.