Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

sweep or a distance

IsoThermIsoTherm Member Posts: 66 PRO
Greetings,
Is there a way to run a sweep across a portion of a path? It would be very helpful. I wind up having to make multiple copies of my path curves, then shortening some so I can use various profiles along them. Would be a bunch easier if I could just use one path and input a specified distance for each profile to move along it.
Thanks,
Isotherm
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    konstantin_shiriazdanovkonstantin_shiriazdanov Member Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can sweep along the whole path and then split swept body in the desired places - this would be the most correct approach. If you can tolerate some path preprocessing you could also use this Path feature if you change start parameter and end parameter to be something other then 0 and 1 it will generate partial path as a single spline curve.
  • Options
    IsoThermIsoTherm Member Posts: 66 PRO
    two good solutions. thanks!