Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Never ending story on loft twist

Hello
I'm struggling with lofting rounded rectangle to normal rectangle.
Is it even possible with single loft? Because it works as I want if I cut sketches to loft roundings separately.
Vertices matching does not help at all. Top rectangle has only 4 while bottom has 8 (and 4 more implicitly in centre of rounding)

Any suggestions? Especially if single loft is possible here.

Comments

• MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 463 PRO
    edited January 26

@michał_piotrowski
    It took a few tries, but I got it. 
    • Split the rounded corners in half in the top sketch.
    • Split the bottom sketch so that is has the same number of vertices. Make sure they line up with the top sketch.

• Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 918 PRO
    The workarounds required for lofting is very very high on my list of things I don't like about Onshape (and I love Onshape). I hope loft synchronization gets an overhaul soon.
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl
    Instagram: @evan.reese.designs
  • lanalana Onshape Employees Posts: 608
  • Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 918 PRO
    haha, this is hilarious timing. Yes, this should help! Gotta play with it
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl
    Instagram: @evan.reese.designs
    I tried that, but I couldn't figure out how to add more than one connection?
  • bruce_williamsbruce_williams Member, Developers Posts: 745 PRO
    @MichaelPascoe - the trick is close the Connection group and then choose location for next Connection. Then a new group is started and the focus (blue entry color) will be in this new group.  These kinds of entry boxes are always getting me; got to remember to switch to next group.
    www.accuratepattern.com
    Connections are very cool how they work.  I like being able to choose anywhere along a curve and move it live or choose a vertex.  A needed improvement will be to have Start & End condition work with Connections.  I think the Connection should just follow the conditions.
    www.accuratepattern.com
  • mike_hölschermike_hölscher Member Posts: 93 PRO
    Since this part looks pretty symmetrical, you can also loft a quarter piece, and then pattern or mirror to create the complete piece. Maybe this makes the lofting a bit simpler.
    edited January 27

@bruce_williams
    Thanks. That worked much better.

edited January 27
    @MichaelPascoe
    perfect - the UI is not intuitive.  And for the OP your splitting the curve is necessary since the Connections do not play with End Conditions....yet.
    www.accuratepattern.com