Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Class organization and student progress with Learning Pathways

Hello folks at Onshape, I'm a technology instructor at the high school level. I'm glad to see the new learning pathways. I have a student doing the CAD Basics Learning Pathway. I want to see student progress (on any project - in pathways or not) without needing to be a collaborator. I would like to view them as a teacher. Ideally, I'd like to be able to assign a pathway or course, and see where each student is, along with Self Check quiz scores and model results - without the need for them to take screenshots and submit them to me. (That's what I have going on at the moment.) Will there be the ability to run a "class" in Onshape this way?

Answers

• Options
    Domenico_DiMareDomenico_DiMare Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 85
    @andrew_digiovanni Learning Center material is currently all private to the individual user. Unfortunately this means that you cannot see the progress of students through the courses. This is a commonly requested feature.

Some of the functionality you are interested in "I want to see student progress (on any project - in pathways or not) without needing to be a collaborator" is available in the Education Enterprise plan. The enterprise is a private domain that you have administrative control over. As an owner or administrative of the enterprise you can see all the work that is being done in the enterprise. You also get benefits such as analytics that allow you to search through student work and see how much time they are putting into projects. You can learn more here

If you are interested in learning more about the enterprise, you can fill out this form to talk to a member of the Education Team and see if it is right for you: https://www.onshape.com/en/education/enterprise