Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Looking for SME using Onshape for mechatronic / "cyber-physical" systems

harmanpaharmanpa Member, User Group Leader Posts: 11 PRO
Hi Onshape users, we have software that we have developed for concept-stage calculations in a collaborative Google Docs-like document. We are building a library of typical calculations - different types of springs, hydraulics/pneumatics, motors/solenoids - that might be used in a design process.
We have a potential funding opportunity (for both parties) to collaborate with an SME in a Horizon2020 country (EU, UK and other associated countries) to trial and prove this concept on a mechatronic or cyber-physical system, and we would like this to be with an Onshape user so we can combine the benefits with those of Onshape.
Let me know if this sounds interesting!

Comments

• Options
    Ste_WilsonSte_Wilson Member Posts: 203 EDU
    It does sound very interesting alas I'm not in a position to provide any useful support :) 
    Unless you can squeeze it into a BTEC spec or want to have a chat to my students! 
  • Options
    matthew_stacymatthew_stacy Member Posts: 476 PRO
    @harmanpa, would your software perhaps be useful for modeling suspension systems (e.g. mountain bike shock absorbers) to simulate response characteristics and optimize spring and damping rates?