Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Open Public Documents in learn.onshape

bryan_douganbryan_dougan Member Posts: 3
As part of a self-paced lesson on assemblies, the first step is to open then copy a document.
I am logged in to the learn.onshape url.  When I click to download the document I am sent to login to cad.onshape.
I do not have access to this.
How do I get to the document to download it?

Answers

• KatieHuffmanKatieHuffman Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 194
    @bryan_dougan you must have an Onshape account to do the hands-on exercises (it can be a free account) in the Learning Center. There are no downloaded files in Onshape! The link in the exercises opens it and then you can make a copy to your Onshape account to continue with the exercise.

If you are using Enterprise EDU or Enterprise Onshape- there is a bug we are fixing when accessing the training documents, but we have a workaround for the time being- please have your administrator reach out to support for help in that case.
  • bryan_douganbryan_dougan Member Posts: 3
    Yes, I am using Enterprise.  What happens is when I click the "This File" it sends me to login into cad.onshape.com.  I don't have a login for that URL.  I can only log in to learn.onshape.com.
    I spoke with the teacher/administrator and he had no idea what I was talking about.
    How can I get to that file?
    @bryan_dougan yes we are aware of that issue and are working on a fix. If you can submit a support ticket (or have your administrator do so) we can copy the Learning Center documents to your enterprise as a workaround until the fix is pushed.
  • alain_mazyalain_mazy Member Posts: 27
    I use a free course, but there, sometimes there is a link to download the files to follow the training, and at other times not. It becomes painful for me, for example, I am currently on this course, and I do not see how to charge these glasses.

When we go back to the dashboard, we don't know what to choose, there is no clear structure. there are some paid stuff, some not, but can you really take a course for free on Onshape?
    @alain_mazy
    Links to public Onshape documents are provided for the exercises within the courses. We do not provide links to every model set used in the videos. Several of the self-paced courses are provided to Onshape users on the free plan including the four CAD Basics courses and the 12 Onshape Fundamental courses. Hopefully this answers your question.