Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Export to DXF

GWS50GWS50 Member Posts: 366 PRO
I am trying to export a drawing as an DXF. I right click on the tab and select 'Export to DXF' but nothing appears to happen, If the export is happening I can't seem to find it anywhere. Could someone tell me what I am doing wrong and/or where to find the exported DXF?

Many thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    @guy_4 Assuming that you are actually attempting to export a sketch as a dxf because drawings aren't available in beta as of yet. After right clicking the sketch from the feature list and selecting to export as dwg/dxf  there will be dialog box to make the dwg/dxf selection. Then a dialog for you to choose where you wish to save. Either of these dialog boxes may pop-up under your browser, just minimize your browser to reveal the dialog box that you may be waiting to appear. HTH
  • GWS50GWS50 Member Posts: 366 PRO
    I am indeed trying to export a drawing as a Dxf. If that command isn't yet available why is it in the right click menu?

P.s. I am using drawings in the Alfa version
    Then I would suggest using that designated forum.
  • michael3424michael3424 Member Posts: 674 ✭✭✭✭
    da_vicki said:
    Then I would suggest using that designated forum.
    And probably refrain from discussing the subject in a public forum if you are under even an informal NDA.
    I am not under any form of NDA, informal or otherwise. No NDA has ever been suggested even when I enquired. I work in industry that is rife with NDAs. I apologise to anyone I have offended or for any lines I have crossed.
    edited August 2015
      @guy_4 The suggestion was that you may get better results if you direct your inquiries in a forum related to that topic.
    No offense intended.

Dave