Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Rear LED Design

billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
edited February 2021 in General
When ever you design something, it's always shocking when you see the 1st article part. It's a lot smaller than I anticipated.

The fender surface cut matches the actual fender very nicely preventing gaps from forming between the fender & lamp.

The size in comparison to the stock tail light is much smaller and will it be enough to signal that I'm in front of you or that I'm stopping? By design it's 12 watts and should produce more light than the old light. Heat is an issue with such a small package and I've included thermal management to transfer heat into the rear fender. We'll have to see if the lamp melts & flows all over the fender.

Link to design notes

Comments

• MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,698 PRO
    Custom brake lights, cool!

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎
  • billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    edited February 2021
    Thanks!

I should have it hooked up soon and will post a picture of it working. Currently waiting for parts stuck in a snow storm somewhere.

• billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    edited February 2021
    Parts finally arrived in the mail to assemble lamp. 

Can a light be to bright? In this case, yes. I'll de-tune the light.