Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Vendor drop down or autofill

sam_hollandsam_holland Member Posts: 20 PRO
edited June 2021 in Product Feedback
In the properties manager it would be very convenient to select a vendor from a database using a drop-down box or auto-fill option. This can be helpful to ensure formatting is consistent and typos are not occurring. 

Comments

• Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @samuel_holland Have you thought of disabling our default Vendor (which is a text field) and add a new one with a list?  Or is this more of a general request to have a way to have a property list values from a remote system?
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    michael_rattnermichael_rattner Member Posts: 24 PRO
    @lougallo For me, it would be helpful if it worked exactly the same way as the messaging in this forum... I typed @lou and your name, among others came up. Likewise, in the properties manager, it would be helpful if I typed "MC", I got a dropdown that showed McMaster-Carr and . Given that the properties manager has specialized fields, no @ symbol is required. Ideally the database would be built over time, automatically (like how tags work in Evernote.) 

In the far distant future, it would be cool if we could pull this data directly from Arena Solutions or have a two way link with my database there.
  • Options
    sam_hollandsam_holland Member Posts: 20 PRO
    I thought it would be useful to have a company wide list of suppliers. I like michael's idea of auto-filling as well!