Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Issue with revolute mate not fully rotating parts

john_sims511john_sims511 Member Posts: 2 EDU
Hello, I hope someone might be able to take a look at my file.. 

I am trying to revolve a car around a track and the error I am getting has something to do with revolute not revolving 360.. but only 20 degrees or so. I know this topic has been covered before and some examples have been given.. but I do not think this issue has come up with what I have been researching ...in this particular instance.. I have attached a link to my file below.

Some thoughts:
If my problem has something to do with rotating explicit / implicit mates or axes... Then I don't know how to fix that..
If its specifying rotational freedom within a mate I somewhat understand.. I don't know how to fix that, or I have tried and I  am doing it wrong.
Heck it could be something with my mates..

If anyone has some thoughts or a solution, let me know, thanks.

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/064156e81214bbebc7e16ebb/w/96cfa7ee0b2f341810ebeb5c/e/89e34c0837fa70dc6e513e1d