Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Support creating a fill with guides

rafael_chrafael_ch Member Posts: 3
Hi everybody,

I am trying to create a fill (to make a sailboat hull) using two main curves, and a few curves as guides. I used composite line on the two main curves. Then I created several cut planes and defined a guide on each; in total 5 planes.

When I create the fill everything goes well until I select the last guide - then the fill fails to calculate. It calculates well up to that moment. Anybody could have a look (https://cad.onshape.com/documents/555664279bdf96374299c032/w/fae333e771166be5df7347a9/e/7bc1f37d6bf1750cb0aa3a3e) and give me some indication of what I'm doing wrong please?

I believe I ensured I used the same number of spline points on the guides -If I am not mistaken- believing that this should help creating the fill. Still, no luck.

I would really appreciate any help or guidance on this.

Thanks a lot in advance, with best regards,
Rafa

Best Answer

Answers