Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Dimension an Arc length in Drawing

davis_pearsondavis_pearson Member Posts: 2
Is it possible to dimension an arc length in a drawing? I can get the radius/diameter dimension, and the angle dimension just fine, but can't seem to figure out how to get the length. The number I'm looking for would be the same as the measure tool and selecting the arc. I could just measure it and add the dimension manually, but I'd love for it to be calculated in case I need to update the arc later

Answers

• mrkthompsnmrkthompsn Member Posts: 1 PRO
    Required to have.  I bought the service to make drawings specifically for arc lengths. Oops 
  • JaimeeowJaimeeow Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    three years later and it still doesnt seem to exist. thats pretty frustrating that it works in sketches and part studios, yet its not able to work in a sheet/drawing model... what the heck onshape????
  • jeff_mcafferjeff_mcaffer Member Posts: 47 ✭✭
    Have to add my vote for this. I'm finding dimensioning in drawings quite challenging in general. There are a number of workarounds for other issues but curve length does not appear to have one. I'm not sure what to do here. Need to communicate the arc length to the fab shop. I can put a comment/note on there but then if/when the design changes...