Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Configuration option to suppress parts

Logan_5Logan_5 Member Posts: 44 ✭✭✭
edited April 2021 in Using Onshape
I came across the need to suppress parts inside of a part studio to create different configurations.  I am able to accomplish what I need to do inside of an assembly but that adds another step that doesn't seem necessary.  Please look into adding the ability to add parts into a selection when setting up configurations.

Comments

• Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,898 PRO
    You can use the feature "delete part" and select your parts you want suppressed. Then you can configure the suppression state or the selection set of the delete part feature. This is basically the same thing and will get you going in the mean time.
  • Options
    shawn_crockershawn_crocker Member, OS Professional Posts: 808 PRO
    I would also just use the delete part feature to accomplish this with no pain
  • Options
    Logan_5Logan_5 Member Posts: 44 ✭✭✭
    Sounds good, thank you for your help.
  • Options
    marshall_polandmarshall_poland Member Posts: 10 PRO
    You can use the feature "delete part" and select your parts you want suppressed. Then you can configure the suppression state or the selection set of the delete part feature. This is basically the same thing and will get you going in the mean time.

I'm finding that I cannot configure the selection set for the "delete part" feature. Right-clicking the selection set when editing Delete Part does nothing. So I have to create e.g. 3 different Delete Part features and configure the suppression of each, rather than having 3 different configurations of a single Delete Part.
  • Options
    eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,515 PRO
    @marshall_poland
    I just tried it and it works fine for me so not sure what's going on...
    Maybe try from the "other end" by clicking on the "configure features" from the configuration table? Try refreshing your browser and if that doesn't work I would submit a ticket.