Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Creo Zip file not converting

jmccormickjmccormick Member Posts: 40
To get an assembly from Creo to import into Onshape, I need to provide a zip file of the assembly.   However, when I do "File>Save As" in Creo 6 then select the type "Zip File (*.zip)", I get an error from Onshape import saying "... Ensure zip file name matches root assembly name..." 

From Creo, the zip file is named the same as the assembly by default.  What do I need to change in order to get my Creo 6.0.6.0 assemblies to easily import into Onshape?  Opening a Creo assembly directly in Onshape did not work either.

Answers

• Options
    nick_papageorge073nick_papageorge073 Member, csevp Posts: 669 PRO
    I had more trouble than it was worth and had the best success exporting my Creo 6 assembly files as STEP, then importing them into Onshape. To directly answer your question, I believe if your assy file is named A1000.asm, then your ZIP file would be named A1000.asm.zip. I think you need the .asm in the zip title name. Its been a couple months since I moved all my Creo 6 to Onshape so I may be misremembering.
  • Options
    jmccormickjmccormick Member Posts: 40
    Hi, @nick_papageorge073.  Yes, that is how the zip file name is formatted by default.  The zip file is actually saved as asm0001.asm.1.zip.  I tried to remove the version part of the name (.1) but that didn't work either.  I guess STEP files it is, then...  (The files are probably converted to STEP during the import part anyway.)

There have been so many things to figure out for this migration.  It is turning into a nightmare.  Any other "off-the-cuff" advice for the migration will be more than welcomed. 
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,399
    Should be named asm0001.zip 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI