Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Tormach PCNC 770 SERIES 3

We are currently developing and 3D printing products happily using OnShape and a MakerGear M2 printer. (Using Simplify3D for our STL files)  We are looking at expanding our production and design capabilities by purchasing a 'Tormach PCNC 770 series 3'. We would really like if someone could guide us with some previous experience and advice. We are wondering if OnShape will be compatible with 'IronCAD' which is the program which comes with the 'Tormach PCNC 770 series 3'. 
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Options
    juan_avilesjuan_aviles Member Posts: 78 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @michael_parker  I think you will find that OnShape will be the easier program to design your parts in. SprutCAM9 from Sprutcam America is a great Cam program that has Tormach post processor. I run SprutCAM on my 770 with no problems. 

Dave
    I also use SprutCAM on my PCNC 770.  There is a learning curve to Sprut, but I love it now.  I've already been making Onshape parts with it, and plan on more next week during my vacation.  I thought IronCAD was a purchased item?  Is Tormach shipping it free with PCNC's now?  

Answers

• Options
    michael_parkermichael_parker Member Posts: 5
    Thanks Nav! 
  • Options
    juan_avilesjuan_aviles Member Posts: 78 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @michael_parker  I think you will find that OnShape will be the easier program to design your parts in. SprutCAM9 from Sprutcam America is a great Cam program that has Tormach post processor. I run SprutCAM on my 770 with no problems. 

Dave
    I also use SprutCAM on my PCNC 770.  There is a learning curve to Sprut, but I love it now.  I've already been making Onshape parts with it, and plan on more next week during my vacation.  I thought IronCAD was a purchased item?  Is Tormach shipping it free with PCNC's now?  
  • Options
    david_sohlstromdavid_sohlstrom Member, Mentor Posts: 159 ✭✭✭
    Looking at the tormach website it looks to be a separate line item.
    David Sohlstrom

Ariel, WA
  • Options
    michael_parkermichael_parker Member Posts: 5
    Thank you everyone for your help. it's very much appreciated!