Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Issue in exporting a drawing

AkshatAkshat Member Posts: 4
The tool to export a drawing of an assembly isn't working in any of the available formats. When I click, say 'Export to PDF', it just fits the drawing to the frame and doesn't do anything. 
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    Mine seems to work ok.

Another option is to print from the Hamburger menu top left. This will preview your file as a pdf. You can RMB "Save as" to get a pdf. You print and you can also share the url.
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • Options
    AkshatAkshat Member Posts: 4
    Thanks, I got it to work! 

The problem was that my document's name was 'søcket', and once I changed it to 'socket', it worked perfectly!
  • Options
    andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    The plot thickens - someone else recently reported umlauts are also a no-go

Isn't it the case that the Swedish for ø is ö ?  

seriously though. I guess that drawing output is, for some reason, restricted to filenames drawn only from the Modern Latin alphabet.

The application should advise the user when it cannot action the request, (in fact, any request) and why.... and I'm sure, in due course, that it will.