Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Can an 'unconstrained' image still print?

emma_giletteemma_gilette Member Posts: 2
HI - I am a teacher trying to get my head around Onsahpe so I can teach my students. I want them to do some playing and printing before getting bogged down into detail about constraints. Is is possible to 3D print my model if it is not fully constrained? My young students will really struggle with angles and measurements and contraint language. I am trying to get them to make a snow flake for a winter festival and getting them to import an image and trace one half of one section, then mirror it, then repeat in circle x 5 for the 6 sections. I am giving them the constraint of 60% at the beginning to make sure the final image will all fit. 

Answers

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,391
    As long as you can extrude it solid (all your patterned sketch entities must create an enclosed shaded face) then yes of course.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI