Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Obscure Question Involving a Loft or Possibly Sweep

brock_baxterbrock_baxter Member Posts: 5 EDU
edited May 2021 in Community Support
Hello,

Would anybody be willing to help me? I am in the process of making a cookie-cutter, I'm almost done, but there is one last step I want to accomplish, and I just can't figure out how. I want to taper the vertical portion of the cuter, but I keep getting errors for everything I've tried. 

I'm attaching a link (https://bit.ly/3vPYLa9) to my sketch as well as some png files to help, whoever is willing to help, understand what I'm trying to do. As one can see in the attachment labeled "orthogonal view of taper," I would like to add this feature to the outside of the cutter to reinforce the part. One way I've tried to accomplish this was by making a sketch, constraining the sketch using the pierce constraint, and using the sweep function to wrap this shape around the cutter. This would have worked, but a sweep interference error occurred. I suspect the interference was happening where the shape had tight radiuses (see attachment labeled "Points of Possible Sweep Interference"). To those of you reading this, you should also know I attempted this before I used the transform tool to scale down the part. The second thing I tried was using the loft tool to achieve a similar outcome. I never was successful using that strategy. Does anybody have any advice as to how I can accomplish this task?

Kind regards,

Brock Baxter

Answers