Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Undo "Restore to Main"

kvdmolenkvdmolen Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
edited May 2021 in General
Hello,

I have accidentally clicked "restore to main" when viewing a previous edit.
Now it seems I have lost all the work since then.

Is there a way to retrieve these edits? 

PS. Seems to me it is very easy to make this mistake. "Restore" could also mean "go back to". Perhaps a warning would be nice?

Thank you!
Klaas van der Molen

This is my private document: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/c466641a0077ecb580717733/w/1caa2664aee159990719775e/e/f7cf36054b66637fef487b0d

Tagged:

Comments

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,353
    edited May 2021
    Yes, you should be able to just restore the entry directly below your Restore to Main action:

Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • kvdmolenkvdmolen Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
    @NeilCooke I don't really understand what you mean:

I have clicked "Restore to Main" from viewing a previous edit (not a version):

Where I should have clicked "Return to Main"

but now all the edits after this edit are not visible anymore in my history.
    I only see the restore-action in my history:

Any way to retrieve these lost edits?

The difference between the two buttons is huge if all edits are actually gone (when not created versions).

PS. only for future reference, I have already created a copy and moved on. The screenshot is from the original file.

Thanks,
    Klaas
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,353
    No edits are ever lost - in this instance, right-click "Assembly 1::Drag:instance" and "Restore to Main"
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI