Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Perspective.

pablo_veritypablo_verity Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
Why is the perspective view reversed? I've yet to see a real life view, where the nearer an object gets to you, the narrower it seems! In Onshape, that's how it appears. Bizarre.

Answers

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,396
    Screenshot please
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    joseph_barneskijoseph_barneski Member Posts: 2

The shape is a square, perpendicular and equal sides.  Tilted forward, the back edge should be shorter in perspective...  not longer.
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,396
    What happens if you turn perspective on?
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,066 PRO
    @joseph_barneski
    the default view is orthographic, meaning it has zero perspective convergence. Our brains aren't used to seeing things that way, so the back looks larger, but that's an optical illusion. I suspect if you measure it on your screen, you'll find it's the exact same length as the front. Note, the bigger the object is that you're designing, the more "wrong" it will look; A phone will look more "right", a car will look more "wrong", and a house will look even more toylike and "wrong". You can click the small grey cube and pick "Turn perspective on" to make it converge. I wish there were a way to control the amount of perspective, since it's usually way too much for small objects. Onshape's default is about right for a house.
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl